Tuesday, August 28, 2012

An Update and a Call for Help

Sorry I haven't been here in a while.  Work was crazy for about a week.  Then my wife and I moved, which involved me packing up the apartment basically by myself and unpacking and building the nursery by myself as well.  Not that my wife didn't want to help and hasn't tried to help where she could, but being 32-37 weeks pregnant has limited her in what she can help with. 

After this weekend I should be completely on top of everything with the new place and ready to relaunch this space, which I thought was really entertaining for the couple of weeks it was up and running back in July.  But I realize now my goals were simply too ambitious.  I cannot put the amount of time and thought that I put into my posts and still post them in a daily fashion.  So now I think the direction that I intend to take the blog is a brief post updating on any new legal news, combined with less frequent posts that are lengthier and more analytic. 

To accomplish this goal and bring you the best possible content possible, I am looking to hire two interns, preferably second or third year law students, but I'll take first years as well.  I can't offer you any money or any school credit (unless you can convince your school to give you credit, which I will be happy to support you with).  However, what I can offer you is real career advice (not the BS you'll get from your school's career center), something interesting you can put on your resume, and a letter of recommendation for when you are looking for a job.  Granted, the last item is probably more appealing to students in and around the NYC area since that is where I am located, but honestly, sometimes it's something little like this that can distinguish you from the next guy or girl.  So, if you are interested, please e-mail me at puckandgavel@gmail.com.  Ideally, I'd like one intern from the US and one from Canada.

I hope to relaunch right around Labor Day, so stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Finally! I thought you would never be back. I was getting a bit worried you gave up. Anyway I wish I could help you out but I am just a junior pre-law student that has taken a few law courses and loves the law. If that helps you in anyway I would be glad to help. Otherwise, I will just have to enjoy the content. Good Luck with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While you can't help me now, if you keep on your current career path, I'll be happy to have you when you are ready in a few years. This of course demonstrates my incredible optimism that this will still be here in a few years.

      Delete
  2. Haha of course it will be. I will definitely keep that in mind though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this ,I will continue to monitor this post. maybe there will be an update to the next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it you meant labor day 2013?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, If you are Doodie Machado, I just wanted to say that I read Rangers Report all the time and was stunned about what happened. I enjoyed reading the comments of all the " Boneheads". I just wondered what, if anything is going happen with Carp and that blog.I was hoping you might know more than I do.
    Thank you,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent web site you have got here.. It's hard to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete